How much does interactive brokers cost?
Interactive Brokers is a comprehensive trading platform that gives you access to a massive range of securities at affordable prices. You can buy assets from all around the world from the comfort of your home or office with access to over 135 global markets. Options, futures, forex and fund trading are also available, and most traders won’t pay a commission on any purchase or sale.
IBKR is geared primarily toward experienced traders and investors but now with the availability of free trades with IBKR Lite, casual traders can also acclimate to IBKR’s offerings.
- Access to foreign markets
- Detailed mobile app that makes trading simple
- Wide range of available account types and tradable assets
- Comprehensive, quick desktop platform
- Mobile app mirrors full capabilities of desktop version
- Access to massive range of tradable assets
- Low margin rates
- Easy-to-use and enhanced screening options are better than ever
- Trading platform may be intimidating for new investors
Interactive Brokers (IBKR) is a comprehensive trading platform for intermediate and experienced traders. If you’re looking for the widest possible range of tradable assets, IBKR should be at the top of your list.
However, IBKR has expanded its offerings to allow casual traders to acclimate themselves to the platform, especially with help from the IBKR GlobalTrader, a handheld trading app that puts the world of trading in the palm of your hand. It can help you access world markets and make quick decisions with a simple interface.
Use this Interactive Brokers review to determine if it’s the right broker for you. There are several quality online brokerages, and each of them has its merits, drawbacks and advantages that speak to you specifically.
Why Interactive Brokers Over Others?
What sets IBKR apart from other brokers? Let’s take a look at a few of the platform’s key features:
- Access to a wide market range. Interactive Brokers allows you to buy and sell assets on over 135 unique markets so you can easily buy and sell international stocks and funds.
- Comprehensive mobile app. If you’re the type of trader who enjoys trading on a mobile format, you’ll appreciate Interactive Brokers’ fully-optimized, responsive mobile platform.
- Low margin rates. With an Interactive Brokers Pro account, you can access margin trading for as little as 0.75% APR for IBKR Pro. Even Interactive Brokers’ Lite account rate (a flat 2.55% no matter how much you borrow) is affordable.
- Tools for interactive advisors. Professional tools at IBKR allow licensed advisors to manage custodial accounts, improve their business strategies and help their clients make money